The Planning Day in School curriculum is a series of original trademark activities through the YEP! organization. During a Planning Day in School event, participants in grades K-12, are educated about What Do City Planners Do?, Key Planning Vocabulary, Key Planning Icons, Map Exercises, the Imagine Your City Activity, the We Are All Connected Activity, the PLACE | MAT activity, a Planning Word Search, and more! A Planning Day in School event can be customized to fit the age and grade of your youth audience as well as strength of subject matter! Please email us to ask us how!
- What Do City Planners Do?
- Key Planning Vocabulary
- Key Planning Icons
- Map Exercise
- Imagine Your City
- PLACE | MAT activity
- We Are All Connected - PDF
- Observing Your Community - PDF
- Meaningful Colors and Plans (Site Planning & Zoning Activity)- PDF | ZoningMap | Site Plan Handout
- If I Were An Urban Planner... PDF
- The Wind Farmer (Renewable Resources Activity) - PDF
- Every Trip Has A Story (Transportation Activity) - PDF | Worksheet
- The Fabric of a City (Infill Development Activity) - PDF
- Neighborhood Pride - PDF
- Game Play Community Engagement - PDF
- Planning Word Searches/Crossword Puzzles (Level 1,2,3) - PDF
YEP! has hand-crafted different Planning Day in School presentations for your next career day, event, or specific planning topic! Contact us if you would like help customizing these presentations!