YEP! Youth Engagement Planning is a non-profit organization focused on educating young people in grades K-12 by introducing them to urban planning and civic engagement, and creating opportunities for youth to have meaningful participation in advocating for change in their communities and the built environment.
Expand the opportunity to inspire youth to have a positive influence within their community.
Young people have the ability to play a meaningful role in creating vibrant communities that enrich people's lives.
Encourage the participation of youth in the public process, plan making, and becoming civic minded.
Reach young people of all diverse backgrounds and introduce the planning profession and path to success early on.
The purpose of this non-profit organization is:
- To support volunteers focusing on educating students K-12 about urban planning and civic engagement.
- To create leadership opportunities for youth to have meaningful participation in advocating for change and provide input and their perspectives into plans.
- To provide tools and resources for planners to involve youth in the local planning process.
- To educate young people about the benefits of understanding local government and becoming a good citizen.
- To introduce young people to careers in planning, local government and related professions.
- To increase youth involvement in their communities and the built environment as a whole.
- To serve youth in underserved communities giving all young people the opportunity to succeed.
What is Youth Engagement Planning?
PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE
Youth Engagement Planning is about educating young people about all aspects of planning, inspiring them to shape the future of their communities, and involving youth in the planning process.